Monday, May 16, 2011

SEC

Very recently, as of two days ago to be exact, I became very interested in the sport of softball.  My family and I were out to dinner at Texas Road House and they had the SEC's playing on the television. The SEC is the softball championship for colleges.  So anyway, it occurred to me that there wasn't a national softball team and then a whole new topic of conversation came up...

I asked my mom and dad why they didn't have a national softball team and neither of them knew why.  Many have said that the world has gotten better in the aspect of equal rights for men and women. That may be true but it isn't to the equal stand point yet.  Men have all these sports that are national. For example, NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB. Women on the other hand have a main sport that barely anyone watches and that is the WNBA. I believe that if we change the way sports are looked at among men and women then it will change the way society views us females.

This heated discussion about the difference between men and women treatment all started from softball.  If something as simple as softball can start a tyrant between different genders imagine what other topics could.  Next  time you think about equal rights make sure you know what is equal between men and women and what isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment