Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Response to Video

        I thought that this video told a lot about how most people in the army, navy, marines and the airforce feel when they come back home from Iraq and how they would rather us ask them how they are feeling.  My cousin has been in the marines but he was not deployed to Iraq.  He seems to be doing okay though. I wonder sometimes if he wishes that he could change his mind about being a marine.

        If I was in the same position as James Miller I think I would probably feel the same way that he does.  I would be changed after spending just one second in Iraq.  Killing someone who doesn't have the same rights as you and your job is to take their life.  I couldn't deal with that everyday of my life.  I think that I would face the same problems and questions:  Why am I not dead and got to come back home?

      I think he needs to maybe think of times when he felt as though what he did was not good.  Maybe he should go into a program wherehe could talk with other veterans that have been to Iraq.  And they all can share there stories to one another.  They can see if they have the same feelings like James Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment